Help reinvent the way businesses communicate and understand people by building remarkable and simple product that our customers love. As a Product Manager you will work amongst our product team to collaboratively plan, build and launch thoughtful product experiences that simplify the way people connect with their customers. You will help manage objectives from conception to delivery with a continued focus on incremental improvements. You won’t believe in shipping junk but you will have a bias towards action and decision making. Metrics will be your guide to successful features and functionality and you will measure, track and test everything.
- Become a power user of the product and thoroughly understand our customer base;
- Talk to customers often to understand their pains, frustrations and loves;
- Document user feedback, internal feedback and develop plans to take action;
- Help form, plan and set goals for product roadmap objectives;
- Have a technical skillset to talk confidently with and work closely with engineering;
- Work closely and collaborate with UI and UX design to create product and features;
- Design wireframes, write specifications, user stories and manage product execution against goals;
- Research APIs and other technical specifications to ensure functionality is achievable;
- Be the voice of the user and business during product and feature development;
- Help set product and feature KPIs, measure, interpret and use data to improve;
- Support the UX designer during user testing and user feedback sessions;
- Work with product marketing to ensure the smooth rollout of new features and product;
- Communicate product objectives internally and externally when required.
Skills and experience required:
- Ability to talk to and understand our customers and the market landscape;
- Proven experience (with multiple examples) of product management experience and results obtained;
- 3-5 years of professional work experience as Product Manager or similar;
- Experience working in a product team on one product consistently;
- Knowledge and proven usage of tools used to monitor product usage KPIs;
- Strong understanding of user research techniques and user behavior;
- Ability to analyze and understand business and application requirements, prioritize and identify user tasks and goals;
- Ability to communicate clearly and work across the product team.
Perks of being an Autopilot-er:
- Work on a product that helps thousands of people create remarkable marketing experiences;
- Join a team of remarkable, smart, innovative and social people (here is proof: https://www.instagram.com/autopilot_hq/)
- Travel and learn: training / team bonding in our San Francisco office;
- Generous paid time off and the ability to occasionally work from home or remotely;
- Great technology setups: 4k monitor, whatever computer you need to get it done;
- Bike parking, showers and unlimited coffee from a local cafe;
- Long term opportunities to grow with continued learning.