VP of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Autopilot has grown rapidly to help companies like Lyft, Microsoft, and Crunchbase succeed with customer journey marketing. But don’t take our word for it—read what reviewers on G2 Crowd and others have to say. (Spoiler: You’ll find terms like “so easy to use”, “visual”, and “endless possibilities.”)
Now we’re looking for a leader from a product marketing background who will continue to grow our talented team of demand generation, product marketing, content, web & design, and operations specialists while defining a core platform narrative through the lens of customer stories and thought leadership content. Check out our product at: https://autopilothq.com/tour.html.
As VP Marketing, you will live the customer journey and help inform and retell the magic of how Autopilot has helped nearly 3,000 companies acquire, nurture, and grow customers faster. You will leverage use-case driven storytelling to position against the competition, define B2B and B2C automation best practices, sculpt a unique and thrilling web experience that’s designed to convert, and empower customer facing teams to become expert trusted advisors.
You will help define pricing and packaging strategies, execute world-class product and partnership launch campaigns, equip customer facing teams with messaging and visually stunning collateral, and define the metrics and KPIs to convert our high volume free trial funnel. You are accustomed to using dashboards, attribution models, and product analytics to drive ROI across paid, organic, and partner channels.
Successful candidates will have a passion for taking the complex and making it simple, and have a proven track record of growing high performance teams. If you're looking to join a passionate, international team (offices in Sydney and San Francisco), both setting strategy and getting hands dirty in execution, then let's grow together.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Lead the marketing team to align Autopilot’s brand and expand its reach, reporting to the CMO & Head of Business and taking a customer-centric approach to growth
- Manage the marketing team including prioritization, resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management across demand, product, and ops functions
- Partner with executive spokespersons, PR and brand to land key messages in market
- Work directly with Product Management and Research & Development to ensure strong and effective cross-functional product strategy, messaging and launches.
- Launch new products and show how new capabilities matter to customers and prospects
- Manage the go-to-market plans of technology partnerships and the ecosystem that extends Autopilot’s products
- Rapidly grow our organic and paid acquisition channels by extending our efforts across demand generation, web development and SEO, nurture, content, social, partner and event marketing
- Work with many formats, including writing, in-product guides, product videos, social media, slideshares and more, to express the value of Autopilot’s products, customers, use cases, and automation best practices
- Own and evolve our online education platform, http://flightschool.autopilothq.com/
Who You Are
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills. The poise and judgment to work regularly with customers. Strong presentation skills who will be an ambassador for visual brand standards. Exceptional writing skills that emphasize storytelling, not jargon
- Manager. You lead through influence rather than authority, are a natural coach and people manager, and will be a lightning rod for a talented and motivated team.
- Domain Experience. 8-10+ years in a tech product marketing leadership role. Experience with marketing automation (Autopilot a plus), in organizations that market globally, and have deep experience in the “land and expand” SaaS selling cycle.
- Strong product skills. The ability to learn new products and evaluate them in the competitive environment. Has a vision to “be the best” at nurture with Autopilot, and to innovate, package, and distribute best practices.
- Dynamic and Energy. Enthusiasm for a fast-growing, fast-changing environment and with long-term oriented executives and motivated employees seeking day-to-day leadership
- Analytical Skills. Strong Excel skills a plus, including with pivot tables, pricing and sensitivity analysis, A/B testing, and cross-system querying (BI or SQL-based)
- Marketing Stack. Strong working knowledge of our core martech stack: Autopilot, Salesforce, Bizible, Infer, Segment, Slack, Google Analytics, and more!
- Entrepreneurial. Opportunistic self-starter who owns projects from start to finish while experimenting frequently.
- Education. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, graduate degree a plus
- Company Builder. You will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build a thriving and independent company.
Perks of being an Autopilot-er
- Join a team of remarkable, innovative and social people
- Own a part of Autopilot: every team member receives generous stock options
- 100% healthcare & dental
- 401k plan
- Generous PTO
- Catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Great setups: stand up/sit desks, large monitors and a new MacBook laptop
- Centrally located office in SoMa (2nd & Howard, opposite the LinkedIn building)
- Dogs, bikes and fun all permitted in office
- Long term opportunities to grow, learn and needle move your career
Autopilot is on a mission to help marketers create remarkable customer journeys and drive revenue. Our visual canvas interface includes automation features for acquiring, nurturing and growing customers, while the platform connects with Salesforce, Slack, Segment, Twilio, and 500+ other apps. Autopilot helps customers like Microsoft, Lyft, Crunchbase, Laser Clinics Australia, Freshdesk and thousands more to gain a centralized view their contacts, and personalize real-time messaging and lifecycle content nurturing across online, offline, and mobile channels.
Founded in 2012, Autopilot is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sydney, and has raised $20.5M in venture funding. Investors include Salesforce Ventures, Rembrandt Venture Partners, Stage One Capital, Southern Cross Venture Partners, Blackbird Ventures, Tim Draper, and Terry Garnett.
For more information visit https://autopilothq.com/company/about.html.