Scribe (Bilingual Real-time Text Corrector - English/Spanish)
4 - Scribe /
Work flexibly from home, help make the world a better place.
Typical Scribes at Ava:
- Work from home 10-15 hrs/week, on their computer for 1h-2h sessions at a time within the 6AM-6PM PST hours, during weekdays.
- Are always on-time for our missions and quite reactive on their emails (we often give a 24-hr heads-up),
- Are paid with a competitive hourly wage,
- Are truly excited to be making the world a better place
Sounds good to you? Read more!
Ava is building a more inclusive world
Ava is a start-up that empowers millions of deaf and hard of hearing people better communicate and connect with the people around them by providing them real-time transcription in their classroom lectures and work meetings.
Humans and Machines working together.
To deliver a perfect transcription of these conversations, Ava combines artificial intelligence (voice-to-text) and human intelligence (the Scribe team).
Scribe connects on their laptop at the meeting time and carefully listens to the live conversation an Ava user is having and quickly corrects any error made by the automated transcription: this makes 99% accurate captions possible.
You could join the Scribe team if you are all of these:
1) You are fluent in English and Spanish.
2) You type quickly and accurately on your keyboard in both English and Spanish. (Test how many wpm you type here: https://www.keyhero.com/free-typing-test/)
2) You are savvy with technology and familiar using computers.
3) You have worked remotely before (6+ months), have a good Wifi connection and a quiet workspace.
4) You are used to proactive and clear communication with people.
5) You are a reliable person: if you commit to a time to Scribe, a deaf/hard-of-hearing Ava user counts on you!
Know that we will consider you in priority if you also:
A) Have experience in the following: transcription of audio, translation, subtitling, proofreading, captioning (in English and Spanish).
B) Are happy to train ~4 hours to become a Scribe, to start and are happy to begin training with a few hours a week.
So make sure to mention this!
Please take a moment to fill out a few questions we have and make sure you convey why you think you'd make a good fit for this position.
The Ava Team