Senior Full-Stack Engineer- Frontend Focus
San Francisco, CA
1 - Product /
Bay Area location preferred.
Must be located in the US.
Enable a magical & seamless web experience of Ava's real-time transcription.
Ava started as an app-based captioning system and is quickly expanding in use cases. Our users want to bring it at work, at school, and project captions, and have other people edit them in real-time for the transcription to help them.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Full-Stack) who will help to build the Ava experience on the web. If you care about all the details that make a first experience become magical for a new user, and are looking to make a huge impact on society, this is a position for you.
You'd be perfect for this role if:
- You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are about tools and tradeoffs, not an ideology.
- You're diligent and patient, have an eye for detail, and passion about a high-quality finish.
- 5+ years of experience as a Full Stack Developer
- You're good with React (or a similar framework), Typescript, CSS, Rust
- You're familiar with AWS, Firebase & Docker
- ✨ Bonus: MS in Computer Science
- ✨ Bonus: You've built and maintained quality user interfaces & complex web applications that have reached a large audience, ideally while the product is experiencing rapid growth.
- ✨ Bonus: You care about the business implications of anything you build. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
So... what will you do as a Software Engineer (Full-Stack Frontend Focused) at Ava?
- You'll build key features from the Ava app to the web: through conception, research, maintenance, and polish.
- You'll be owning the Web development and deployments at Ava and coordinating prioritization with the Product & Engineering teams.
- You'll build improvements to performance, reliability, product polish, and release delivery process — for example, delivering a web-based performance close to the app version, or making the work of real-time transcribers seamless.
- You'll work on our website alongside our growth team to optimize our acquisition funnel and create a great first impression for newcomers.
Why this Role?
- Actually change lives at an unprecedented scale: How often do you hear about apps that make people cry with joy? It is really for us a unique opportunity and privilege to be able to meaningfully improve the lives of 100,000s people - and yet to still be at the very beginning of our mission!
- Join us at an incredible time: We're well-funded and hit product-market fit, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'd join at the perfect time to shape what we build and how we grow, so we can create a more inclusive world.
- Work with some of the best people in the world: We have an incredibly talented and passionate team that is a lot of fun to work with. We're still super small and have accomplished some things that were thought impossible!
- Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems: Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You'd jump between product, marketing, internal tools, and process — participating in every phase from inception to implementation. Absolutely no boredom.
Salary range: 150-180K base*
*base compensation will be solidified after the interview process based on experience