Senior Data Engineer (Blockchain Analytics)
San Francisco /
Fully remote position (option to occasionally visit offices) | #LI-Remote
Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralized finance applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Developers who build on Avalanche can easily create powerful, reliable, and secure applications and custom blockchain networks with complex rulesets or build on existing private or public subnets.
ABOUT AVA LABS
Ava Labs makes it simple to launch finance applications using blockchain technology–with highly scalable and efficient networks, customizable public and private blockchains, the capability to create any digital asset, and more. We are empowering people to build an open, simple, and democratic internet of finance that enables the world to have a more prosperous future.
Ava Labs was founded by Cornell computer scientists who brought on talent from Wall Street to execute their vision. The company has received funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design real-time pipelines to ingest blockchain data into a cloud-native database
- Make ingested blockchain data queryable for product analytics teams using a data visualization dashboard and accessible via API for the Avalanche Explorer and Wallet
- Work closely with Senior Data Scientists to identify new metrics to capture
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science preferred
- 3+ years of experience building cloud-native, high-throughput data processing systems
- Data streaming (Kafka, AWS SQS, etc)
- Expert with database tools/technologies (relational, multidimensional (OLAP), key-value, document, and/or graph)
- Strong experience in defining data contracts and documenting specifications, including REST APIs
- Familiarity with distributed systems (Golang, AWS, and Snowflake, etc.)
- Strong interest/passion for blockchain and crypto, specifically DeFi (Decentralized Finance)