Senior Protocol QA Engineer
New York /
Fully-remote position (w/ future option to visit offices) | #LI-Remote
Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralized finance applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Developers who build on Avalanche can easily create powerful, reliable, and secure applications and custom blockchain networks with complex rulesets or build on existing private or public subnets.
ABOUT AVA LABS
Ava Labs makes it simple to launch finance applications using blockchain technology–with highly scalable and efficient networks, customizable public and private blockchains, the capability to create any digital asset, and more. We are empowering people to build an open, simple, and democratic internet of finance that enables the world to have a more prosperous future.
Ava Labs was founded by Cornell computer scientists who brought on talent from Wall Street to execute their vision. The company has received funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As one of the first-ever dedicated Protocol QA resources at Ava Labs, you will have the opportunity to work independently to build up good practices for Ava Labs.
- Maintaining a high bar of quality for the avalanchego blockchain client and numerous pieces of infrastructure built on the Avalanche network
- Owning the testing of major features, working closely with different disciplines across the company.
- Building test plans for new features and improvising on existing test plans for feature updates and customer feedback
- Executing tests on our weekly beta release candidates for composing tests for new release candidates of the avalanchego blockchain client
- Owning features through inception, design feedback, implementation, and launch
- Collaborating with Product Designers, Product Managers, Backend Engineers, Data Engineers and Customer Support
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Strong interest/passion for blockchain/crypto
- 3+ years of experience performing sophisticated distributed systems testing using techniques like fuzzing or mutation testing and tools like Jepsen, Kurtosis, or Testground
- Deep familiarity with distributed systems, Golang, and AWS
- Experience working with distributed/remote teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be fluent in English
- Ability to work independently in a fast very paced work environment
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science preferred