Community Growth Director
New York /
Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralized finance applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Developers who build on Avalanche can easily create powerful, reliable, and secure applications and custom blockchain networks with complex rulesets or build on existing private or public subnets.
ABOUT AVA LABS
Ava Labs makes it simple to launch finance applications using blockchain technology–with highly scalable and efficient networks, customizable public and private blockchains, the capability to create any digital asset, and more. We are empowering people to build an open, simple, and democratic internet of finance that enables the world to have a more prosperous future.
Ava Labs was founded by Cornell computer scientists who brought on talent from Wall Street to execute their vision. The company has received funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
Ava Labs is looking for someone who is passionate about establishing and growing vibrant communities across multiple forums and community channels. This person has experience in community management, social growth strategies, and organization to execute these strategies with regional community leaders. This role needs a result-driven individual who can build workflows to consistently design, build, and execute community campaigns.
The Community Growth Manager is an essential member of the Ava Labs team who will help position Avalanche as the go-to blockchain platform for all financial products, services, and other decentralized applications.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years experience in social media marketing
- 1+ year managing community growth strategy and managing teams of 10+ community managers
- Proven experience in building crypto communities and social engagement
- Managed global, distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community and growth marketing metrics
- Hands-on experience with brand management through social media
- Required: Highly passionate about blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
- Required: Advanced knowledge of Telegram, Discord, and other deep sub-board communities
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Architect and implement a global, 24/7 community network. Currently, Avalanche has 15+ non-English speaking communities. Your primary responsibility will be to rapidly scale the communities while maintaining high-quality engagement and discussion
- Develop and execute strategies for growing Avalanche’s global and regional communities on Telegram, Discord, and other region-specific community platforms (e.g., WeChat, Kakao, etc.)
- Drive community engagement through community and ambassador networks and growth marketing campaigns
- Create engaging initiatives such as ambassador programs and event series to maximize engagement within community channels
- Analyze and share trends and discussions within communities that can be used to inform product, marketing, and business teams
- Discover new business leads and products to deploy on Avalanche, and work with the Business Development team to architect a scalable system for community-originated deal-flow
- Work with the Design team to create on-brand, visually appealing graphics that complement social copy and broader strategy