Head of Finance & Operations
New York /
Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralized finance applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Developers who build on Avalanche can easily create powerful, reliable, and secure applications and custom blockchain networks with complex rulesets or build on existing private or public subnets.
ABOUT AVA LABS
Ava Labs makes it simple to launch finance applications using blockchain technology–with highly scalable and efficient networks, customizable public and private blockchains, the capability to create any digital asset, and more. We are empowering people to build an open, simple, and democratic internet of finance that enables the world to have a more prosperous future.
Ava Labs was founded by Cornell computer scientists who brought on talent from Wall Street to execute their vision. The company has received funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant.
We are looking for a Head of Finance to join our growing Finance team reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage day-to-day finance operations tasks.
- Support financial budgeting and strategic planning process, financial analysis, risk management, and internal reporting to leadership. Developing and implementing financial modeling and forecasting for various stakeholders and management
- Serve as the Company’s interface between finance and other highly cross-functional teams, including engineering, compliance, business development, legal, and accounting.
- Assist with monitoring and managing our treasury.
- Handling crypto and fiat payments, settlements as well as managing banking and exchange relationships.
- Develop new processes and procedures to improve business operations. Identify inefficiencies to enhance business performance and conduct supporting analyses.
- Communicating financial risks to management.
- Create and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance; analyze financial information and provide real-time reports support to management for decision-making purposes. Lead deep financial analysis to understand and anticipate opportunities and threats across all teams and products. Help the organizations' business leaders use this financial data and analysis to make better decisions.
- Support the strategic planning process; help develop annual operating plans. Create and manage a Business Insights platform for management.
- Work with the C-suite to prepare investor material, including board decks, fundraising collateral, document business development activities, and more.
- Strategizing for further revenue growth and cost optimization.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The utmost quality for this position, in life, or any position at Ava Labs is integrity.
- Experience in an operational role at a digital assets company or in the financial industry.
- Experience with cryptocurrencies, international payments, and trading platforms.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, diverse work environment with excellent follow-through on tasks. A self-starter who is able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments, take initiative, and work independently.
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude with strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
- A utility plate with a can do attitude.
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills. Able to work with large amounts of data and detail without losing sight of the big picture. SQL or statistics experience preferred.
- Meticulous and attention to detail.
- Analytical mindset and innate curiosity.
- Background in corporate finance, venture-backed startups, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, or other high-growth environments.
- Strong understanding in P&L, balance sheet and cash flow dynamics. Knowledge of accounting principles and rules.
- BA or BS in Finance or Accounting; MBA from top-tiered school preferred but not required.