New York /
Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralized finance applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Developers who build on Avalanche can easily create powerful, reliable, and secure applications and custom blockchain networks with complex rulesets or build on existing private or public subnets.
ABOUT AVA LABS
Ava Labs makes it simple to launch finance applications using blockchain technology–with highly scalable and efficient networks, customizable public and private blockchains, the capability to create any digital asset, and more. We are empowering people to build an open, simple, and democratic internet of finance that enables the world to have a more prosperous future.
Ava Labs was founded by Cornell computer scientists who brought on talent from Wall Street to execute their vision. The company has received funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Ava Labs is looking for someone who is passionate about product design, with strong opinions regarding crypto product user experiences. The role will require you to lead product design projects from ideation to implementation. You’re passionate about simplifying user experiences with elegant design–especially for products that are solving complex problems.
The Product Designer is an essential member of the Ava Labs product team who will help make Ava Labs’ products the go-to solution for customers ranging from crypto retail traders to enterprise clients.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and peer designers to research user behaviors and insights, define problems, and launch new products and features as innovative solutions
- Rapidly prototype concepts with ease, while maintaining the highest quality outputs
- Design seamless products that all cohesively fit within the company’s strategy and visual systems
- Directly contribute and impact the direction of Ava Labs, Avalanche, and other future products
- Collaborate with peer designers to compound each others effects and ideate new, innovative design directions
- Architect and implement useful product testing programs for internal and external stakeholders
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 2-5 years of design experience in designing visual assets for high-growth or enterprise digital marketing channels
- Demonstrates pixel-perfect design skills and high attention to detail
- Experience in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or other comparable design tools
- Showcase your portfolio, and let it speak for itself
- Preferred: Prior experience at a leading crypto/blockchain organization designing product
- Preferred: Avid user of crypto and DeFi applications and tools
- Bonus: Experience with programming and developing basic front-ends