New York /
This position is remote friendly
Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralized finance applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Developers who build on Avalanche can easily create powerful, reliable, and secure applications and custom blockchain networks with complex rulesets or build on existing private or public subnets.
ABOUT AVA LABS
Ava Labs makes it simple to launch finance applications using blockchain technology–with highly scalable and efficient networks, customizable public and private blockchains, the capability to create any digital asset, and more. We are empowering people to build an open, simple, and democratic internet of finance that enables the world to have a more prosperous future.
Ava Labs was founded by Cornell computer scientists who brought on talent from Wall Street to execute their vision. The company has received funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant.
Note: we do not offer visa sponsorships currently
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Design, build and deploy secure, highly resilient, highly scalable distributed systems, APIs and libraries to power our applications
- Manage and support integration solutions
- Provide expertise and mentorship to your peers
- Take ownership for code from inception to deployment and customer support
- Participate in unit testing and peer code reviews
WHAT WILL YOU BRING
- 2+ years of back-end application development of large scale highly distributed API services, peer to peer systems, fast network systems
- Tech Stack: C++ or Golang, Python, AWS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes
- Ability to develop highly secure code
- Follows best coding practices
- Experience in a startup environment highly preferred
- Effective communicator and team player
- Interest in blockchain, DLT, and cryptocurrencies is a plus
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science