New York /
Contract or Full-Time
This position is remote friendly | #LI-Remote
Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralized finance applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Developers who build on Avalanche can easily create powerful, reliable, and secure applications and custom blockchain networks with complex rulesets or build on existing private or public subnets.
ABOUT AVA LABS
Ava Labs makes it simple to launch finance applications using blockchain technology–with highly scalable and efficient networks, customizable public and private blockchains, the capability to create any digital asset, and more. We are empowering people to build an open, simple, and democratic internet of finance that enables the world to have a more prosperous future.
Ava Labs was founded by Cornell computer scientists who brought on talent from Wall Street to execute their vision. The company has received funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about storytelling and crafting the first draft of history with Avalanche. This person is a strong writer, passionate learner, and skilled communicator across internal and external audiences. This role needs a results-driven individual who can own projects end-to-end, and work closely with Ava Labs Director of Communications to execute high quality content and media relations strategies.
The Communications Coordinator is an essential member of the Ava Labs who will help position Avalanche as the go-to blockchain platform for all financial products, services, and other decentralized applications.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Plan and execute engaging media relations and content campaigns
- Assist with ideating and executing campaigns across owned and media channels
- Leverage data and analytics to identify press opportunities and contribute to continual strategy improvement
- Manage media relations operations and work closely with the communications, marketing, and executive team
- Assist in copy and creative development process (e.g., blogs, press releases, opinion pieces)
WHAT WILL YOU BRING
- 1-2 years experience in communications or PR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You’re passionate about learning and understanding new markets and opportunities to grow a brand
- Preferred: Highly passionate about blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
- Preferred: Contacts with crypto, finance, or technology reporters, and understanding of these outlets