Los Angeles, CA
Who are we?
AvantStay delivers world class, authentic, tech-enabled short-term rental (“STR”) group experiences targeted at the millennial generation. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry. We deliver a customized end-to-end experience that is tailored just for groups and powered with technology at every layer.
What we are looking for...
A Data Scientist who can partner with the business to provide business intelligence from understanding what’s going on, identifying the right data, conducting research and doing analyses, to coming up with insights and making recommendations. You’ll be the expert in providing the valuable data insights and reporting to guide their decision making. Plus, you’ll come up with the best ways to share the data in dashboards, presentations, and written reports---to suit the need and the audience. The business insights you provide will help your product team run better and make better decisions.
What you'll do...
- Gather and analyze data to solve and address highly complex business problems.
- Evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and provide prescriptive solutions that support decision making.
- Explore and understand data and build advanced analytical models, then present and discuss the resulting models to any level of audience.
- Design and drive the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of statistical data modeling, big data and optimization tools.
- Identify and direct special studies and analyses for unique business problems and scenarios.
- Proactively identify algorithms or products with high intellectual property content, assist in the evaluation of their potential for patents, where appropriate assist in the patent applications, and contribute to the intellectual property protection.
What you will bring:
- M.S, or Ph.D. in math, statistics, operations research, computer science engineering, econometrics, or other quantitative field.
- Must have at least 3+ years of actual working experience performing advanced quantitative analyses.
- Advanced hands-on working knowledge of Python/SQL required.
- Working knowledge of SAS/R is preferred.
- Working knowledge of big data manipulation is plus.
- Ability to apply advanced statistical methodologies such as mixed model (random and fixed effects), simultaneous equations, ARIMA, neural networks, and multinomial discrete choice. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as cluster analytics, sampling theory and design of experiments, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and factor analysis.
- Ability to apply advanced optimization methodologies such as linear and mixed integer optimization.
- Ability to apply advanced simulation modeling methodologies and techniques.
- Utilize complex computer operations (intermediate programming in 3rd and 4th generation languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and advanced features of software packages (word-processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.).
- Must have relational database experience.
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- Salary: $80,000-$100,000
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and dis
When you join AvantStay…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Perks and Benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity...
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.