Junior-Level Consulting Staff (Paris)
Avascent is seeking candidates with strong academic performance, proven research and analytical skills, and an interest in business (Fortune 500 companies, private equity, mergers and acquisitions) and government-driven markets (defense, aerospace, technology). Open to relevant majors, including Economics, Business, Engineering, Political Science, Finance, Government, History, and International Relations.
- Serving as an active participant in Avascent project teams to develop and deliver thoughtful, pragmatic and analytically rigorous responses to client inquires;
- Conducting primary and secondary source research and analysis under the guidance of the project manager and overall project director;
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative analyses using internal and external sources, including databases, information services, and internet resources;
- Preparing memos, slides, e-mails, spreadsheets and other materials to capture the results of research and analysis and contribute to the preparation of client deliverables;
- Completing defined segments of the overall analysis under the guidance of the project manager, to include structuring the problem, formulating and executing systematically a research plan, conducting analysis and developing coherent end-products that capture the results of the analysis;
- Participating in a supporting role during client meetings and discussions, to include occasionally formally presenting segments of Avascent’s analyses to client personnel; and
- Supporting Avascent’s operations through occasional participation on internal teams to develop and execute key functions such as recruiting, training, and knowledge management.
- Solid and creative research skills and an ability to conduct sophisticated and pragmatic analyses of business and policy issues;
- Solid quantitative skills sufficient to conduct analyses of market trends, company financials and other topics in support of Avascent’s client engagements;
- Ability to execute project plans and work independently on relatively well-defined assignments;
- Ability to work well both individually and as part of larger teams;
- Ability to communicate ideas and interact in an effective manner with research contacts, more senior Avascent Group staff and client personnel; and
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in business, international relations, political science, economics, government, engineering or related field from a recognized institution with coursework relevant to Avascent’s core business (excellence in academics will be viewed as evidence of a prospective Analyst’s ability to fulfill successfully the demands of the position);
- At least two (2) years' research and writing experience in an academic and/or work environment; and
- At least six (6) months internship/work experience involving research and/or analysis related to indicated area(s) of study, or some combination of education/experience thereof.