Summer Intern (London)
Avascent is seeking students with strong academic performance, proven research and analytical skills, and an interest in business (Fortune 500 companies, private equity, mergers and acquisitions) and government-driven markets (defense, aerospace, technology). Open to relevant majors, including Economics, Business, Engineering, Political Science, Finance, Government, History, and International Relations.
- Conducting primary and secondary source research and analysis under the guidance of the project manager and overall project director;
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative analyses using internal and external sources, including databases, information services, and internet resources; and
- Preparing memos, slides, e-mails, spreadsheets and other materials to capture the results of research and analysis.
- Solid and creative research skills and an ability to conduct analyses of business and policy issues;
- Quantitative skills sufficient to conduct analyses of market trends, company financials and other topics in support of client engagements;
- Ability to work well both individually and as part of larger teams;
- Ability to communicate ideas and interact in an effective manner with research contacts, more senior staff and client personnel; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate student with a pursued degree in business, international relations, political science, economics, government, engineering or related field from an accredited institution (excellence in academics will be viewed as evidence of a prospective Summer Analyst’s ability to fulfill successfully the requirements of the position);
- At least one (1) year research and writing experience in an academic and/or work environment; and
- At least three (3) months' internship or work experience involving research and/or analysis related to indicated area(s) of study, or some combination of education/experience thereof.