Avascent is seeking students with strong academic performance, proven research and analytical skills, and an interest in business (Fortune 500 companies, private equity, mergers and acquisitions) and government-driven markets (defense, aerospace, technology). Open to relevant majors, including Economics, Business, Engineering, Political Science, Finance, Government, History, and International Relations.
- Conducting primary and secondary source research and analysis under the guidance of the project manager and overall project director;
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative analyses using internal and external sources, including databases, information services, and internet resources; and
- Preparing memos, slides, e-mails, spreadsheets and other materials to capture the results of research and analysis.
- Solid and creative research skills and an ability to conduct analyses of business and policy issues;
- Quantitative skills sufficient to conduct analyses of market trends, company financials and other topics in support of client engagements;
- Ability to work well both individually and as part of larger teams;
- Ability to communicate ideas and interact in an effective manner with research contacts, more senior staff and client personnel; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate student with a pursued degree in business, international relations, political science, economics, government, engineering or related field from an accredited institution (excellence in academics will be viewed as evidence of a prospective Intern's ability to fulfill successfully the requirements of the position);
- At least one (1) year research and writing experience in an academic and/or work environment; and
- At least three (3) months' internship or work experience involving research and/or analysis related to indicated area(s) of study, or some combination of education/experience thereof.