New York, NY
COMPANY BACKGROUND: AVERO, LLC
Created by hospitality operators for hospitality operators, Avero is the trusted technology partner for the hospitality industry. We empower 40,000+ hospitality professionals with the answers they need to transform their businesses and their lives, getting them out of the back office and into the kitchen with their staff, onto the floor with their guests, and at home with their families.
Avero is beginning the process of developing a public API. This is an integral part of our company’s vision and will serve as a new frontier for our business. Whether an enterprise hotel customer is seeking summary sales data from across its portfolio, or a third-party inventory application wants to further understand item depletion, the API will be used to unlock and share our valuable data across the hospitality industry. The API will unlock new revenue streams for our company and serve as a foundation for the future of our partnerships. As a Product Owner, you are responsible for this API. You are immersed in the world of your product every day. You develop a deep understanding of its features, benefits, capabilities, use cases and value. You work within a cross-functional team, including dedicated engineers, focused on delivering new versions and features. You enforce agile principles and scrum methodology to ensure continuous delivery with a high quality, high value to the end user and high value to the organization. You discuss your product daily with users and colleagues, and you monitor how external industry trends may impact how it is perceived. You report to the VP of Product, and you’re responsible for ensuring that your backlog prioritization is aligned with the themes and vision set forth by the PM. While the PM will set the scope and features for products, you will define specific functional requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Be the face of the API; represent engineering to the company/users and vice versa
· Prioritize your product backlog and deliver continuously in an agile/scrum environment
· Define and document specific functional requirements and user stories
· Possess complete ownership of public API documentation
· Write small examples of code for how you’d use our API
· Manage testing processes (alpha & beta) at all phases of the product lifecycle to inform continuous improvement
· Document and design toward specific use cases that accomplish end user goals
· Perform regular usage analysis to track product adoption and discover opportunities for features and improvements
· Communicate progress to stakeholders frequently through presentations and other messaging channels
· Lead internal training & education sessions on your product
· Create and maintain essential support and training collateral
· Lead release testing and pitch in with QA testing where necessary
· Participate in issue resolution (especially early in the lifecycle) to inform future development
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 3+ years of experience in SaaS Product Ownership, specifically with customer-facing API products
· Bachelor’s degree or higher
· Experience on an agile, cross-functional team (scrum is a plus)
· Ability to deliver software products, features and enhancements on a continuous basis
· Clear and professional verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to prioritize and organize features based on several competing factors
· Strong technical orientation, and exposure to technically-oriented audiences and customers
· Desire to engage in negotiation with engineering, representing user and business needs
· Experience with hospitality/restaurant technology, point-of-sale, or business intelligence tools is a massive plus
· Passion for food and beverage and driving innovation in the hospitality industry is a massive plus
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE
· Competitive compensation, coupled with an emphasis on work/life balance.
· Comprehensive benefits coverage (including medical, dental and vision insurance), an FSA for tax free healthcare/dependent care expenses, and 100% employer-covered disability & life insurance.
· A fun, dynamic office, including an open floor plan, an intellectually curious and passionate team, and a fully-stocked kitchen.
· Equity in the company - all employees have a stake in our growth.
· Quarterly cookoffs, Avero happy hours, and many more food-inspired events.