Software Engineer - Build / Release
Santa Clara, California /
Engineering – Cloud Networking /
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Aviatrix, a startup based in Silicon Valley, is the pioneer of the Enterprise Multi-Cloud Networking and Security Services. We have a top tier team, and culture is built on proven success and ability to recognize transformational market opportunitiesAviatrix cloud network platform delivers advanced networking, security and operational visibility required by enterprises with the simplicity and automation of cloud. More than 400 customers worldwide leverage Aviatrix and it’s proven multi-cloud network reference architecture to design, deploy and operate a repeatable network and security architecture that is consistent across any public cloud. Combined with the industry’s first and only multi-cloud networking certification (ACE), Aviatrix is empowering IT to lead and accelerate the transformation to the cloud.
To learn more about Aviatrix
About The Role:
The Aviatrix Engineering team is looking to hire a Software Release Engineer to design and build a release pipeline that would support Aviatrix Networking and Security Services for the cloud (AWS, Azure, OCI, and Google cloud). This is an opportunity to establish best practices, define tools and processes, and contribute to the reliability and scalability of software delivery for an Enterprise scale development team. The environment is highly complex and extremely dynamic as new projects, existing maintenance and integrations are a constant. The successful candidate must be able to collaborate directly with Developers, Cloud QA Engineers and other stakeholders to manage and coordinate deployments across multiple environments.
· As an Aviatrix software engineer, you will design, writing, and deploying cloud networking software in our Aviatrix controller.
· Help define, build and improve a continuous deployment/integration environment
· Own and proactively advance the Release Management process and strategy for an enterprise team.
· Influence and drive operational excellence best practices within the organization
· Track release metrics to drive improvement and report successes/failures to stakeholders
· 1-7 years of experience or background in Release Engineering or DevOps
· Solid experience with Linux/Ubuntu operating system
· Experience developing script/tools with Python and Linux shell, PHP
· Knowledge of version control systems (Git)
· Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment
· Experience with cloud platforms. (AWS, AZURE, OCI, or GCP) is a plus
· Understands Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related experience
Aviatrix has raised $70+ million to date through three rounds of funding led by CRV, Formation 8 and Ignition Partners. Aviatrix culture is all about having easy access to our CEO and Founder. Aviatrix offers catered lunches and snacks. Be part of the startup that simplified networking & security in the multi-cloud. Easy work culture to get things done...
Aviatrix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.