Build / Release Engineer
Silicon Valley, California
Engineering – Cloud Networking
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Aviatrix, a startup based in Silicon Valley, is the pioneer of the Enterprise Multi-Cloud Networking and Security Services. We have a top tier team, and culture is built on proven success and ability to recognize transformational market opportunities. While moving to the cloud has been something enterprise businesses have talked about for years, it has only been recently that the truly transformational enterprise migration to the public cloud has begun.
Public cloud providers – such as AWS, Azure, and Google – have become the physical infrastructure for the new virtual enterprise data center. The Enterprise Multi-Cloud Networking and Security Services is the modern architecture that embraces and extends native public cloud networking constructs and infrastructure to deliver private, multi-region, and multi-cloud transit networking and security services for enterprise IT.
Aviatrix culture is all about having easy access to our CEO and Founder. Catered lunches and snacks. Be part of the startup that simplified networking & security in the multi-cloud. Easy work culture to get things done. Aviatrix Founder & CPO Sherry Wei presented “Aviatrix + Transit Gateway” technology at re:Invent keynote.
Check out her presentation!
To learn more about Aviatrix
The 10 Hottest Enterprise Networking Startups Of 2019
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Cloud Networking Software Build Engineer, you work on a small talented engineering team in a fast-paced, growing startup. You will play a critical role in this endeavor. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to handle new problems as we continue to push Multi-Cloud Networking and Security Services technology forward.
We are looking to hire a Build Release Engineer to design and build a release pipeline that would support Aviatrix Networking and Security Services for the cloud (AWS, Azure and Google cloud). This is an opportunity to establish best practices, define tools and processes, and contribute to the reliability and scalability of software delivery for an Enterprise scale development team. The environment is highly complex and extremely dynamic as new projects, existing maintenance and integrations are a constant. The successful candidate must be able to collaborate directly with Developers, Cloud QA Engineers and other stakeholders to manage and coordinate deployments across multiple environments. They will be owners and are expected to build and manage all aspects of the end to end release process. The list goes on and grows daily.
· Help define, build and improve a continuous deployment/integration environment.
· Own and proactively advance the Release Management process and strategy for an enterprise team.
· Influence and drive operational excellence best practices within the organization
· Track release metrics to drive improvement and report successes/failures to stakeholders.
· 1+ year experience or background in Release Engineering or DevOps.
· Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
· Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
· Have a passion for making development teams more efficient and productive.
· Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment.
· Experience developing script/tools with Python and Linux shell.
· Knowledge of version control systems (Git).
· Knowledge of Datacenter networking (Routing, Switching) with basic networking debugging skills.
· Understands Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
Aviatrix has raised $25 million till date through two rounds of funding by CRV, Formation 8 and Ignition Partners. Aviatrix is growing tremendously and has 300+ customers across many verticals including NASA, Netflix, Informatica and more. Aviatrix culture is all about having easy access to our CEO and Founder. Aviatrix offers Catered lunches and snacks. Be part of the startup that simplified networking & security in the multi-cloud. Easy work culture to get things done..
Aviatrix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.