Data Center & IT Systems Administrator
Santa Clara, CA
Awake’s mission is to protect companies from advanced cyber-attacks and to help their security teams operate with super-human efficiency. Our approach is simply different than what is available today, and we aim to create a world-class, enduring capability to help protect the information assets that enrich our world.
We are a high growth startup with a breakthrough product that is growing customer base rapidly. Our team of extremely talented and friendly people is working closely with customers to ensure their success. We are recipients of multiple workplace awards that recognize our diversity and company culture
- Best Places to Work by San Francisco Business Times/Silicon Valley Business Journal
- Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Workspaces
- Comparably’s 2019 Best Diversity and 2019 Best Company Culture (for Small and Mid-size companies)
- Work closely with the Customer Operations Team to deploy the Awake platform on physical and virtual servers and ship to customers.
- Manage our small farm of about 50 servers and associated infrastructure – networking gear, firewalls etc.
- Manage VMWare ESX servers and VMs deployed in ESX.
- Managing the IT Systems to on-board new employees and answer any questions
- Help with Inventory Management.
The role will also offer the opportunity to learn and contribute to infrastructure we run in AWS & Azure, work on dashboards built with modern serverless technologies - AWS Lambda, Functions etc.
- B.S Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Be comfortable with day-to-day Linux system administration
- Familiar with one or more Hypervisor Platforms (KVM, ESX, VirtualBox)
- Comfortable with basic networking and routing.
- Be able to lift/move moderate loads – rack/unrack servers (with help), prepare them for shipping.
- The person has to be local to San Jose/San Francisco and be able to commute to the office in Santa Clara
Perks & Benfits
- Competitive salary with early employee stock grant
- Talented and friendly teammates
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Monthly Gym Stipend.
- Flexible work hours and unlimited vacation
- Free lunches
- Wide range of delicious snacks and beverages