Intern - Database
Santa Clara, CA
Awake’s mission is to protect companies from advanced cyber attacks and to help their security teams operate with super-human efficiency. Our approach is simply different than what is available today, and we aim to create a world-class, enduring capability to help protect the information assets that enrich our world.
- Lead a research project that provides a practical and innovative solution to network security or visibility
- Store, optimize, and infer information from high volume network data
- Work closely with threat researchers and engineers to validate key insights
- Work with a talented and experienced team to learn about data's impact on modern security
Our Dream Intern
- Coursework in computer science or equivalent field, with some experience in databases
- Ability to generate and implement innovative ideas
- Solid understanding of modern query execution and optimization technique
- Ability to code in Java or Scala or C++
- Experience working with large datasets using tools like SQL, Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, etc.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and solving hard problems
- Team player with excellent communication skills