Business Development Representative
Santa Clara, CA /
We at Awake Security are proud to be recognized by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work”. Awake is looking to add a motivated and enthusiastic Business Development Representative to come aboard! Our BDR’s work closely with sales executives to generate leads, maximize pipeline, and advance sales cycles. This is an entry-level role with a dedicated growth path to be a great technical sales professional in the cyber security Industry. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for the cyber industry and people.
- Produce appointments by means of proactive outbound prospecting to qualify and market Awake solutions to potential customers.
- Work cross-functionally within the organization to discover opportunities from leads and set appointments from those leads.
- Use of strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified appointments.
- Understand the Awake Platform enough to provide a high-level introduction and demonstration of our capabilities.
- Leverage taught sales techniques from industry executives to maximize customer interactions.
- Log, track, and maintain outbound, meeting, and opportunity activity.
- Work closely with Sales Executives and attend customer meetings as required.
- Attend sales meetings, vendor training, and local territory trade shows to keep current with technology and emerging trends.
Strongly Desired Experience
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution.
- Strong in-person, phone, and written customer communication skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to make formal and informal presentations to staff and clients.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals.
- Strong computer skills required; knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently, and be self-motivated.
- Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant accountability.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship management skills.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary with early employee stock grant
- Talented and friendly teammates
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Flexible work hours and unlimited vacation
- Free lunches
- Wide range of delicious snacks and beverages