Entry-Level PHP Developer
Remote, OR /
aware3 is seeking an Associate PHP Developer to join our existing development team.
At aware3, we believe in the power of community-minded organizations. We help those organizations grow their impact by making it easy to engage anytime, anywhere. Our mobile-led strategy includes customized mobile apps, communication, and online giving. We help churches, schools, & nonprofits engage and grow their communities through text, web, & branded apps.
This position is full-time and can be either remote or in our Kansas City office (once it eventually reopens... which ...not yet!). We have a casual and fun work environment with an exceptionally strong team dynamic.
Each team member needs to be ready to shift between working independently and collaboratively daily to achieve results. Our company moves quickly on all fronts. We keep meetings and delivery cycles short. If you love a friendly & supportive team who is always questioning the limitations, we’re your team. The aware3 team strives for a balanced Agile methodology. You can read much more on our perspectives on all this in our Tapas Teamwork blog post.
The lucky new team member should have a focus on writing readable and testable code. We don’t give bonus points for writing code in the fewest number of lines. Stars are earned when another team member can easily hop in and understand code; gold stars for test coverage. PR’s and pair programming are a part of daily life.
- Implement solutions with concise, efficient, testable code.
- Explore requirements and recommend solutions to achieve those needs.
- Support teammates and end users with code fixes and day-to-day interactions.
- Be responsible for the code that you write, including writing tests, patching holes and building supports as load grows.
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively.
- Experience modern in PHP development.
- Interest in automated testing.
- Familiarity with bash, Docker, AWS ECS, and CodePipeline.
- Experience with Kanban or Scrum.
- An interest in Human-Centered Design and UX excellence.
Our Tools & Technologies
- PHP (Slim and Laravel), MySQL, Redis & RabbitMQ.
- AWS (ECS, SNS, SQS, Aurora, Route53, & more).
- Codeception, PHPunit, Chromedriver, Katalon.
- Vue, Knockout, Webpack, Grunt. Karma, Mocha, Chai, BackstopJS, pa11y.
- Twilio, Sendgrid, Firebase, and more. We embrace new tech and best practices frequently.
Our hiring process
- Code sample request
- Chat with hiring manager (30-60 minutes)
- Skills interview with a panel (60 minutes)
- Come help our clients engage and grow their communities
Standard compensation package includes 401k and insurance.
We believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone (yes, you!) to consider becoming a part of it.
Our growing, dedicated team works both remotely and in an open environment in our Kansas City, Missouri office (where there's not a pandemic happening). This full time position is available for both local and remote candidates. Remote candidates need to be located +/- 2hrs to America/Chicago time zone. We have a casual work environment with a collaborative and supportive team dynamic.
No recruiters, staffing firms, or contractors, please.
PS: We've had some deliverability issues with Gmail users lately. If you're using Gmail, please whitelist all @aware3.com email addresses like this: https://a3a.me/6443e to make sure you get all our correspondence.