Vancouver, BC or Remote
Dapper Labs – Design & Creative
We're looking for a boundary pushing experimental Art Director to help us create compelling campaigns and brand assets for our NBA experience/marketplace/game. This role is focused on the NBA product, so it’s a unique opportunity for passionate NBA fan who’s excited to bring a fresh aesthetic to the sports gaming space.
The ideal candidate is both a basketball enthusiast and a highly creative individual. You have a strong vision and work with pace to bring it to life. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves to develop concepts, and test new ideas but also have a keen attention to detail and polish to see the project through to launch. You’re a master of adobe suite, working across the toolset. You have a keen eye for typography, icon design, and take a systematic approach to create brand assets. You can leverage your deep knowledge of graphic design and digital expertise to create a world-class brand.
The NBA is one of the world's most iconic brands, with over a billion fans and a special place in global culture. We need you to help bring to life digital collectibles built around the greatest highlights in the NBA – fresh from last night's game as well as top moments in history. We have a full partnership with the NBA and the Player's Association, giving you access to official NBA footage and assets as well as team marks and the likeness for every active player – and most retired legends.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
What we'll accomplish together:
- Deliver a best in class NBA experience leveraging your graphic design skills to elevate the product
- Produce unique designs to set apart special edition content through pattern design and concepting
- Engage the next generation of NBA fans with compelling advertising campaigns
- Weave together compelling stories and experiences within games and IPs that people love
A little about you:
- Strong portfolio demonstrating graphic excellence including brand development & campaign ideation
- Prove ability to develop unique and appealing graphic systems
- You’re passionate about progressive design aesthetics and are constantly analyzing new trends, gathering inspirations from sports, street-wear, social, motion and brands
- Superior attention to detail with a keen eye for typography & colour theory
- Deep experience creating social/digital campaigns Design risk taker, pushing the bounds of creative while balancing business needs
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced collaborative environment (our studio works in a fast-paced, testing environment that requires being comfortable with a certain amount of ambiguity)
- Efficient workflow utilizing production best practices while maintaining quality
- Intermediate knowledge of illustration/motion or the ability to direct illustrators, motion graphic artists
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Experience with landing page design (UX/UI)
- Motion graphics with both hands-on execution and experience managing motion projects
How to apply:
1. Please include your resume.
2. Send us a portfolio or samples of your artwork.
More about Dapper Labs:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Because we care about our team, we work hard to provide perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy - most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit (for our co-ops & interns, vacation is instead paid out on each pay)
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development
- On-site gym and fitness reimbursements
- Dog friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!