Head of Product, Platform
Dapper Labs – Product
We are looking for a former founder or Head of Product with expertise building software platforms. In this role, you’ll manage the suite of products around CryptoKitties in collaboration with our partners (see KittyVerse). You are willing to come in and try new things, understand what makes blockchain different and special, and then lean into that – we are not interested in ripping off ideas (unless they’re brilliant) or reinventing the wheel (let’s try to fly instead).
Every member of our team shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. As our Head of Product, you’ll introduce a transformative new technology to a mass audience, join a pioneering project that’s shaping the future of blockchain, and pave the way for a community of talented developers. You’ll be working alongside an incredible team in our Vancouver office.
We value that each candidate brings a unique mix of skill and experience. We set a high bar for our team members, but ensure they have the support and guidance not just to succeed, but to excel.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Sketch and define a product roadmap to ship the vision, strategy, design, and execution of a developer platform to support a thriving user-developer ecosystem.
- Partner closely with key developers in the industry to drive market research and platform systems testing to inform optimization and prioritization throughout the product lifecycle.
- Plan and build products that serve our developer community using best practices to increase user adoption, inform content creator workflow, and build an exceptional user experience.
A little about you:
- You’ve built large-scale developer platforms, APIs, or frameworks. (Ideally, 5-7 years of such experience.)
- You can apply your skills across a variety of use cases.
- We believe in processes and the power of planning, but you will often have to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly.
- Ideal candidates will have proven experience building and leading world-class teams, navigating complex strategic landscapes, and setting a culture for product quality that runs through every facet of their work.
- Our hierarchy is very flexible, so while we prefer you to build a team, we are fine with strong individual contributors, especially if you have a rare specialty. We prefer full-time in Vancouver but are open to remote candidates and contractors.
- You’ve built tools or products serving games (major bonus points here). You have technical know-how and an engineering background, so you can speak developer’s’ language. We work in a highly technical space so fluency is expected, but we don’t need you to be a blockchain expert – we can get you there.
- Experience in gaming is a bonus but not required – we would equally value familiarity with payments, consumer and/or social platforms, and/or cryptocurrency.