Head of Product, Platform
CryptoKitties – Product
We are looking for a former founder or Head of Product with expertise building software platforms. In this role, you’ll manage the suite of products around CryptoKitties in collaboration with our partners (see KittyVerse). You are willing to come in and try new things, understand what makes blockchain different and special, and then lean into that – we are not interested in ripping off ideas (unless they’re brilliant) or reinventing the wheel (let’s try to fly instead).
Every member of our team shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. As our Head of Product, you’ll introduce a transformative new technology to a mass audience, join a pioneering project that’s shaping the future of blockchain, and pave the way for a community of talented developers. You’ll be working alongside an incredible team in our Vancouver office.
We value that each candidate brings a unique mix of skill and experience. We set a high bar for our team members, but ensure they have the support and guidance not just to succeed, but to excel.
A little about us:
CryptoKitties is the world's most successful blockchain game, accounting for 25% of the traffic on the Ethereum network upon launch. Unlike cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or ether, CryptoKitties are crypto collectibles that secure ownership of digital art via distributed ledger technology. Since launching, tens of millions of US dollars in transactions have been conducted on the platform, with some of the game’s most popular cats selling for the equivalent of over US$100,000. The cultural phenomenon has been featured by The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The New York Times, and VICE.
We created CryptoKitties to explore the concept of digital scarcity and introduce blockchain technology to everyday consumers. We want to shape the future of blockchain. Our team of 30+ world class engineers, designers, and product leads set industry standards and pioneer innovative blockchain advancements, including developing a new type of non-fungible token, ERC-721. Recent funding includes investments from leading firms Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures.
Our team combines creativity and experience to test new ground in game-making—our mission is to inspire delight with the goal of attracting the first billion consumers to the world of blockchain games and digital assets.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Sketch and define a product roadmap to ship the vision, strategy, design, and execution of a developer platform to support a thriving user-developer ecosystem.
- Partner closely with key developers in the industry to drive market research and platform systems testing to inform optimization and prioritization throughout the product lifecycle.
- Plan and build products that serve our developer community using best practices to increase user adoption, inform content creator workflow, and build an exceptional user experience.
A little about you:
- You’ve built large-scale developer platforms, APIs, or frameworks. (Ideally, 5-7 years of such experience.)
- You can apply your skills across a variety of use cases.
- We believe in processes and the power of planning, but you will often have to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly.
- Ideal candidates will have proven experience building and leading world-class teams, navigating complex strategic landscapes, and setting a culture for product quality that runs through every facet of their work.
- Our hierarchy is very flexible, so while we prefer you to build a team, we are fine with strong individual contributors, especially if you have a rare specialty. We prefer full-time in Vancouver but are open to remote candidates and contractors.
- You’ve built tools or products serving games (major bonus points here). You have technical know-how and an engineering background, so you can speak developer’s’ language. We work in a highly technical space so fluency is expected, but we don’t need you to be a blockchain expert – we can get you there.
- Experience in gaming is a bonus but not required – we would equally value familiarity with payments, consumer and/or social platforms, and/or cryptocurrency.
More about CryptoKitties:
At CryptoKitties we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, a dog-friendly office–our dogs are the cutest in the industry, and we won’t be told otherwise–extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.