Business Development Manager
New York, NY
GTM-Go To Market /
The role you’ll play: The Axion Ray Business Development Manager will be responsible for hiring and managing a team of outbound BDRs at Axion Ray. You will be in charge of coaching your team to be effective and persuasive to generate interest in Axion Ray’s solution. You will help create the overall strategy for building a world class business development program that makes incremental improvements every day. You will also help build outbound messaging, identify the right people to target, and analyze and report on team performance. The Business Development team is at the core of the Axion Ray go-to-market function, and will work closely with the GTM leadership team.
Your main tasks:
- Manage a team of outbound Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to ensure consistent quality and quantity of outreach.
- Develop outreach scripts, cadences, objection handling, and touch plans for the outbound team through a deep understanding of each different channel and customer type.
- Own, drive, and accurately forecast activity and pipeline. Identify reporting gaps/needs and use data to target new opportunities in the sales funnel and ensure we have adequate resources/headcount.
- Attract and hire top talent and coach/mentor BDRs to advance in their careers and grow within the company
What you bring to the table:
- BA/BS degree (or relevant work experience)Previous software/SaaS sales experience is preferred, but not required
- 4+ Years in Software Sales, preference for experience working with large, enterprise deals.
- Experience hiring, coaching, and mentoring BDRs and across both inbound and outbound channels, with a preference toward cold outbound outreach.
- Expertise with CRMs, CRM reporting, and sales automation tools (Salesforce, Salesloft Cadence, ZoomInfo)Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and make independent decisions
$110,000 - $140,000 a year
$110-140K base salary per year plus variable bonus for OTE of $140-180K per year.
Axion Ray is an equal opportunity employer.