Vice President of Engineering
New York, NY
Axion Ray’s mission is to improve the quality and safety of engineered products - airplanes, electric vehicles, and medical devices, by creating the world’s best proactive management platform, powered by the latest advances in artificial intelligence. We're revolutionizing the way next-gen vehicles are made and are partnering with forward-looking engineering leaders to create and deploy AI models that will accelerate our speed to an electric and supersonic future. Axion leverages bleeding-edge tech & AI stack - including Generative AI and NLP/LLMs - to solve real-world problems.
Our team includes experts in Enterprise AI from Palantir, McKinsey & QuantumBlack, and other top tech companies.
Since our founding at the onset of 2021, we’ve deployed across some of the largest Automotive and Aerospace companies in the world. If you want the chance to help build the future of engineering, join us!
What you'll do
- Grow and lead a team of engineers to spearhead development of Axion’s core platform
- Develop and enhance Axion’s core platform
- Play an active role in planning and team meetings
- Work with the leadership to set the standards for software engineering practices within the overall engineering team
Who you are
- Can start by building our core platform hands-on then transition to a management role
- Has 5-10 years of experience leading system architecture design and product development for enterprise SaaS products
- Is experienced in development of modern cloud-native software and microservices (including CI, CD, security, etc.)
- Is proficient in front-end technologies like React, Vue.JS or Angular, preferably including data visualization on web platforms
- Well versed in modern Cloud Technologies and Hyperscaler environments (GCP/AWS) and container environments (Kubernetes/OpenShift)
- Knows modern (SQL and No-SQL) database services and how to use them
- Understands agile software development methodologies
- Has experience building integrations with enterprise data systems
- Has experience building software zero to one in startup environments
- Has experience with how to architect, build and scale modern data stack
Nice to have
- Experience with data viz libraries like D3.js, charts.js, react-vis
- Experience with creating dynamic data visualization dashboards
- Experience with a growing company hiring a team
- The base salary range for San Francisco and New York is $250-$320, OTE
- Highly competitive compensation
- Meaningful equity
- Career development and leadership opportunities
- A great team
- We bring a unique combination of technical and business skills, with company leaders from top tech companies like Spotify, business leadership from McKinsey, and automotive leadership from GM and Ford.
- We’re an interdisciplinary team that prizes collaboration & diversity of thinking
Axion Ray is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.