Sr. Data Engineer
New York, NY
Axion Ray’s mission is to improve the quality and safety of engineered products - airplanes, electric vehicles, and medical devices, by creating the world’s best proactive management platform, powered by the latest advances in artificial intelligence. We're revolutionizing the way next-gen vehicles are made and are partnering with forward-looking engineering leaders to create and deploy AI models that will accelerate our speed to an electric and supersonic future. Axion leverages bleeding-edge tech & AI stack - including Generative AI and NLP/LLMs - to solve real-world problems.
Our team includes experts in Enterprise AI from Palantir, McKinsey & QuantumBlack, and other top tech companies.
Since our founding at the onset of 2021, we’ve deployed across some of the largest Automotive and Aerospace companies in the world. If you want the chance to help build the future of engineering, join us!
This position requires NYC/SF location. This is not an internship or new grad position as we are seeking experienced individuals.
What You'll Do
- Work on both data exploration and building data pipeline
- Help the engineering leaders we work with understand their data and problems which can be solved using the platform
- Play an active role in team meetings and workshops with clients
- Rotate between client project work and internal product development in alignment with your personal development plan
Who You Are
- Comfortable working in an unstructured environment
- Cares about writing clean, well-documented code in Python and/or Scala (and Spark)
- Has build data pipelines ensuring required data accuracy using unit/integration tests
- Is proficient in distributed computing frameworks like Apache Beam, Spark
- Has worked with orchestration and scheduling tools like airflow, kubeflow, luigi, dagster
- Is able to use SQL to derive quick insights from databases
- Is comfortable in deploying data/code to the cloud (GCP/AWS)
- 3+ years of industry experience building data pipelines
Nice to have
- Experience with hosting databases to power web based SaaS products
- Experience with ad-hoc data analysis tools / libraries like jupyter notebooks / pandas
- Experience with a growing company
- Experience working with aerospace or automotive companies
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with GraphQL
- The base salary range for New York is $140-$200K DOE
Axion Ray is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.