Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
New York, NY
Axion Ray’s mission is to improve the quality and safety of engineered products - airplanes, electric vehicles, and medical devices, by creating the world’s best proactive management platform, powered by the latest advances in artificial intelligence. We're revolutionizing the way next-gen vehicles are made and are partnering with forward-looking engineering leaders to create and deploy AI models that will accelerate our speed to an electric and supersonic future. Axion leverages bleeding-edge tech & AI stack - including Generative AI and NLP/LLMs - to solve real-world problems.
Our team includes experts in Enterprise AI from Palantir, McKinsey & QuantumBlack, and other top tech companies.
Since our founding at the onset of 2021, we’ve deployed across some of the largest Automotive and Aerospace companies in the world. If you want the chance to help build the future of engineering, join us!
What you'll do
- Work end-to-end from data exploration, creating data pipeline, generating insights/features, building ML models to deploying them
- Help on consulting style pilot projects where we enable clients to understand their data and problems which can be solved using the platform
- Work closely with data scientists and data engineers to build and deploy machine learning models
- Play an active role in leading team meetings and workshops with clients
- Work with the leadership to set the standards for software engineering practices within the machine learning engineering team and support across other disciplines
- Rotate between client project work and internal product development in alignment with your personal development plan
Who you are
- Enjoys deriving insights from ML models, building explainable ML models and not just black box algorithms
- Cares about writing clean, well-documented code in Python and/or Scala (and Spark)
- Is excited about data exploration (in BigQuery/Jupyter notebooks/SQL) as well as building models and setting up data/ML pipelines
- Is comfortable working in an environment where priorities evolve
- Is able to use SQL to derive quick insights from databases
- Is comfortable in deploying data/code to the cloud (GCP/AWS)
- Understands the best practices of collaborative coding using tools like Git, CI/CD
- 3+ years of industry experience in data science/ML
Nice to have
- Experience with NLP
- Experience with a startup
- Experience working with aerospace or automotive companies
- The base salary range for San Francisco and New York is $120k - $200k.
- Highly competitive compensation
- Meaningful equity
- Career development and leadership opportunities
- A great team
- We bring a unique combination of technical and business skills, with company leaders from top tech companies like Spotify, business leadership from McKinsey, and automotive leadership from GM and Ford.
- We’re an interdisciplinary team that prizes collaboration & diversity of thinking
Axion Ray is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.