Principal Software Product Manager, Body Worn Camera
Seattle, Washington /
Product Management – Sensors - Devices /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon Body Worn-cameras are at the heart of our ecosystem built to Protect Life. We’ve built a fully Cloud and Real-time connected device where software capabilities power our ability to keep our customers safe, efficient and effective. We are developing our next generation solution on a platform that integrates leading edge technologies across hardware devices, apps, networks, and Enterprise SW. Expanding the capabilities of this system and leveraging the strengths of the Axon Ecosystem is a huge task.
With this mission, we are looking for an experienced product manager who has a track record of defining and executing complex software deliverables across multiple teams and job roles. You’ll be responsible delivering user research-based guidance to the software squads as they build out critical workflows for users of our system. You’ll also work closely with our hardware teams and external partners to bring their parts together into one unified solution. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers, technical program managers, product designers, engineers and our go-to-market teams to own delivery of a high-quality, enterprise-ready system. As our program progresses, you’ll be at the heart of capturing product feedback on the system as we deploy it to beta users across the country. You’ll prioritize that feedback, plan updates, and ready the overall system for launch.
Your Day to Day
- Define the software product vision, communicate to the cross-functional team, and evolve it based on interactions with customers and as the solution is developed
- Work with your own engineering team to balance scope, functionality, performance, and time to market
- Creatively generate solutions to a wide range of technical, workflow, and business problems
- Gather quantitative and qualitative data from market and end users
- Make data driven decisions when possible and fall back on well supported intuition when data is not available
- Problem solve within constraints that truly exist and break through constraints that don’t actually exist
- Lead & mentor junior product managers
- Operate with autonomy while proactively reducing ambiguity for your team and your cross-functional peers
- Represent software team in leadership updates, roadmapping, and go-to-market activities
- Set performance metrics for the most important functions of the products and manage team to measure and achieve them
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related field
- 5+ years relevant Software Product Management experience ideally shipping complex, multi product/system solutions with IoT devices and SaaS components
- Experience solving complex user interaction problems with creative solutions
- You have deep experience working with engineers to balance scope, time to market, and functionality, constantly making trade-offs using qualitative, quantitative, and absent data
- Excellent problem solving skills, well-structured written and verbal communication
- You have a proven track record of delivering successful products that achieve key business outcomes
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally when necessary (15%); contingent upon safe, healthy conditions and when guidance from State and Federal agencies supports such travel
- You have real-world experience with each of the expectations listed in section entitled “Your Day to Day”
- Experience in software for imaging, streaming, voice communications or LTE-connected devices.
- Experience in OS-level scope of product ownership
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office environment and flexible work from home options
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.