Director of Technical Program Management
Seattle, Washington /
Software Engineering – Shared Platform /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
At Axon, we build mission-critical products that save lives. As Director of Technical program Management, our scope of ownership will be company-wide, helping set strategy and driving mission-critical programs. This position has an incredibly unique vantage point at the intersection of business, technology and product. You will partner with every functional domain in the company and exercise your influence to get big things done everyday. As Director of TPM, your role is high leverage, high impact and through Axon’s mission extremely meaningful.
We need someone willing to be fearless and more than willing to take on bold challenges. Through great products and accelerating the adoption of our technologies, you'll help protect life and build a justice system that serves our communities better everyday.
- Collaborate with business, product, engineering, sales and a wide variety of functional domains to identify and prioritize new strategic opportunities for Axon
- Build the Technical Program Management discipline and mentor members of your team
- You will lead the charge on solving our hardest, most meaningful challenges: set the drumbeat that everyone marches to!
- Develop end-to-end delivery plans including defining key metrics, milestones and work breakdowns that show how to get things done
- Solve problems and set strategy from a unique vantage point at the intersection of product, business and technology
- Lead the overall program risk reviews with executives while identifying and communicating appropriate mitigations as necessary
- Improve existing processes and develop new mechanisms to scale the way we plan and deliver for platform services as we grow the company
- Identify and manage your project dependencies by elaborating product requirements and influencing stakeholders across the company
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior staff members, participate in devising career development plans and talent reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5+ years' experience leading groups of Technical Program Managers
- Experience hiring and developing Technical Program Managers
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with in cloud environments (such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud)
- Experience writing technical specifications for large scale complex systems
- Exceptional ability to: articulate ambiguous product/customer requirements and feature requests, identify and recommend alternative technical/business approaches as needed, and lead project teams to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Execution focused with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Master’s or Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills backed by a strong business and technical vision
- Ability to dive deep into and explain complex technical topics and architectural trade offs while tailoring the message to various audience groups (e.g. engineers, researchers, executives)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a complex regulatory framework and to innovate while achieving compliance objectives
- Prior experience as a software engineer, manager of technical staff or technical program or product management
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.