Security Operations Engineer
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam /
Information Security – Security Operations /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion. Are you passionate about Information Security?
Help us bring cloud computing to law enforcement by joining the information security team at Axon. Be on the leading edge of cloud computing security in a meaningful and creative environment. We need a high-energy security innovator to help expand our security engineering team. There are plenty of challenges to conquer that require a wide-range of security knowledge and experience. We want someone who makes information security apart of their life every single day!
You are an awesome hybrid systems and software engineer who will take responsibility for the management of security infrastructure while improving reliability and automation. You will help select and build advanced tooling to enable our workforce and services to operate in an efficient and secure manner. You will be the advocate of these best practices to foster a culture of security. You will also conduct proactive research to identify any vulnerable or fragile systems and processes and work with all parties involved to help ensure our foundation is as strong as possible. You can't stand inefficiencies and are obsessive about automating processes to save anyone else from painful, manual processes.
- 3+ years professional experience in system administration - ideally with a DevOps-centric mentality
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-stress situations - often with deadlines
- Understanding of current and emerging issues with technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities, threats, and attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Some programming/scripting experience in C, Python, Golang, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, Bash or the like
- Experience developing, building, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications
- Experience with multi-datacenter, cloud IaaS (Azure + AWS), and other varieties of hybrid infrastructures
- 1+ years professional experience applying domain knowledge to security-focused projects
- Passionate about security; involved in the security community
- Experience in developing or researching technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems, log management (Splunk, ELK) and vulnerability management (Nexpose, Nessus) solutions, as well as configuration and infrastructure management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc
- Deep knowledge of GNU/Linux systems, light knowledge of Windows systems
- Experience across a variety of Information Security and technology disciplines - from infrastructure to applications.
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.