Frontend Software Engineer - Evidence Viewing & Playback
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam /
Software Engineering – Sensors - DEMS /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
- As a frontend engineer working on Evidence Viewing & Playback, you'll have the opportunity to build Axon Evidence into a world-class Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) that exceeds competitors in the space such as NICE, Oracle, and Motorola by enhancing the support and capabilities beyond Axon generated content and video, taking into consideration the workflows and needs of Photos, Audio, Document, and Third-Party Video. We will create innovative, usable solutions that will allow agencies to effectively manage all their digital content.
- The ideal candidate for this role is someone who knows how to take a new project from prototype to production, building features in an iterative fashion and integrating with an existing suite of products. You'll be involved in every stage of product development and will be responsible for making major technology decisions. You'll also have the opportunity to be a mentor to other team members in the form of PR reviews and general mentorship. Because you'll be working on a new team, you'll need to be someone who works well independently and is a strong problem-solver.
Core Technologies Used
• React + Redux
• Jest + Enzyme
• Interfacing with Scala and GO backend services
- 3+ years of experience in frontend software engineering
- Ability to write clean and concise code
- Deep understanding of frontend technologies
- Ability to work within an existing codebase
- Good sense of design
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals
- Ability to explain core frontend principles and technologies to other engineers
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use our technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.