Senior Commissions Analyst
Accounting & Finance – Accounting
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Reporting directly to the Director of SEC Reporting, you will have primary responsibility for the calculation of sales commissions across Axon. With the help of your team, you will thoroughly understand and execute calculations on all commission plans to ensure payments are accurate, complete, and in compliance with company policy or practice.
Your Day to Day
- Support the implementation of sales compensation plans, policies, and processes each year (including change management as needed) to support the business objectives.
- Develop and supervise a team that will perform all sales commissions calculations and accounting for deferred costs of obtaining contracts on a near real-time basis.
- Improve and automate the calculation of sales commissions.
- Accurately record monthly General Ledger entries and reconcile accrual and deferral accounts in a timely fashion.
- Provide high quality, timely responses to the sales organization to meet informational and reporting needs. Communicate complex logic and analysis in a manner that is easily understandable.
- Track, research and resolve commission calculation-related inquiries and exceptions including disputes and appeals.
- Work with Accounting, Payroll and Sales Operations teams to communicate and process periodic commission payments accurately and on time.
- Proactively monitor and operate a robust internal control environment in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley or similar requirements
- Support annual audit deliverables related to compensation payouts and provide assistance related to testing of sales compensation processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or similar field
- 3-5 years of experience in financial reporting, auditing, or accounting
- Excellent computer knowledge, including proficiency in Excel and ability to build complex models
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with company employees
- Superb attention to detail and strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Self-starter who seeks to improves processes and joins forces with other team members
- Concern for quality and deadlines
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.