Senior Software Engineer - Sensors & Devices
Seattle, Washington /
Software Engineering – Sensors - Devices /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon has revolutionized Law Enforcement with a suite of connected devices, cloud services and apps that work together to protect life, reduce social conflict and accelerate truth and justice. You will work on the camera platform improving and expanding its connectivity components which lay a foundation for features like real-time streaming, officer safety alerts and active intelligence. At Axon we cultivate an environment that favors team work, initiative, and creative thinking and you will be working in close collaboration with connected devices cloud and core firmware teams.
- Design and implement new features for Axon’s camera systems.
- Work with engineers on a breadth of platforms including mobile & desktop applications as well backend services.
- Consider scale and security implications of new features that you develop.
- Create metrics and monitor them as your features are deployed to customers.
- Resolve ambiguity in product requirements potentially resolve conflicting requirements.
- Mentor junior team members and suggest improvements to engineering processes.
- 5+ years experience of professional software development in C/C++, Go, Rust and/or another systems programming language.
- 5+ years experience writing unit, integration and/or system level tests
- 2+ years mentoring junior team members and/or leading small teams
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object-oriented design and code quality verification
- Experience with RTOS and/or Embedded Linux development
- Experience with Yocto/Open-Embedded
- Experience with Python or equivalent
- Experience with Jenkins and/or other CI/CD systems
- Experience with Splunk and/or other data indexers
- Experience with audio, video, networking and/or security technologies
- Experience with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and/or Cellular technologies
- Experience working with REST APIs, Thrift and/or Protocol Buffers
- Experience collaborating with design, product and non-technical partners
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.