Head of Consumer Marketing (Remote - US)
Scottsdale, Arizona /
Marketing – Consumer /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
The Consumer Story
Axon has developed a community of like-minded people. Our collective vision is to prevent senseless deaths and to live our fullest lives. We do this by safely protecting ourselves, our loved ones, our communities, and even those we encounter who may mean us harm. With confidence and conviction, we work together to save lives. And our mission needs you. Join us in making real change.
You will be responsible for brand, social, and channel marketing strategies for the consumer audience. You will build and lead a combination of an internal team and agencies to promote AXON’s mission and drive growth of the consumer business. The ideal candidate will have a knack for understanding the customer lifecycle, tests, iterating on ideas, and optimizing paid media and owned channels to grow AXON’s consumer base. You will have the ability to manage and conduct agency relationships along with the vision for understanding how to best resource for opportunities within e-commerce, media, and customer experience is key.
You will have a thorough understanding of lifecycle marketing; making the most of every web session, email capture, and impression is crucial. Our site, advertising and lifecycle management must account for a multitude of customer segments and work to improve and personalize what it means to be an Axon customer. Being able to identify opportunities to improve at each step of the way is critical to success in this role.
The ideal candidate will have experience reporting on advertising and marketing campaigns across channels and strategies, including digital channels and retailer/distributors. Deep experience with the mechanics of out of home, digital, print, TV, and display media buying is required. The ability to build funnels, drips, and other lifecycle campaigns should be a core strength. This role will be responsible for vetting vendors and tools to add to our marketing stack, and they will be confident in their experience organizing systems to sustain and support growth and retention KPIs.
Your Day to Day
- Lead the overall marketing function across all channels including paid and owned channels
- Develop and mentor marketing team
- Lead social and CS channels to improve KPI’s
- Lead campaign development, product launches and other mission critical marketing efforts
- Work across the organization to maximize collaborative efforts and provide added value to other business units.
- Develop marketing materials for distributor and retail channels
- Own and optimize the marketing funnel
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent applicable experience
- Minimum of 7 years in a related and relative position
- Willing and able to travel as needed
- Highly proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- World class organization and presentation skills
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Able to multi-task among shifting priorities
- Integrity: Should be honest, assertive, and systematic
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.