Continuous Improvement Technician
Scottsdale, Arizona /
Operations – Manufacturing /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Optimize manufacturing processes by working closely with engineering, production and support personnel. Identify opportunities to prevent waste and inefficiency in production. Assist with Lean transformation activities. Drive change and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality or performance
- Analyze operational data, and monitor productivity and efficiency
- Assist with the implementation of single-piece-flow work cells
- Interact across departments such as engineering, quality, purchasing, facilities and production to complete assigned goals and objectives of CI activities
- Analyze data, perform root cause analysis, report and update metrics
- Support 6S in Manufacturing
- Develop standard operation sheets and applicable forms/flow charts
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to identify problems and use a methodical approach to solving them
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated effective team player
- Strong computer skills; experience using MS suite
- Ability to stand for upwards of 8 hours a day; as well as lift, carry, move packages and materials up-to-50 lbs on a regular basis; with or without special accommodations, is required
- Associates degree or 2 years of college
- Lean Six Sigma yellow belt
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.