Technical Services Manager (Remote - US)
Scottsdale, Arizona /
Sales – Professional Services /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
A Technical Services Manager is responsible for ensuring successful installation, configuration, and testing of various Axon products including cameras, sound capture, activation modules and other equipment. As a member of the Professional Services Team, the Technical Services Manager supports the campaign to deploy and support evidence capture devices, digital evidence management and SaaS solutions to more than 15,000 police departments in the United States and abroad; evangelizes AXON business values and technical benefits to law enforcement. The Technical Services Manager is a customer-facing, front line role, and facilitates the deployment of Axon products and solutions.
Your Day to Day
- Travel to assigned client sites throughout North America and Canada.
- Participate in all phases of the product’s technical implementation process.
- Test and support computer networks in various stages of deployment.
- Perform site surveys to determine and communicate requirements prior to installation.
- Manage site operations including third-party contractors and customer resources.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot problems with implementation or efficiency.
- Adapting known deployment techniques to the custom needs of each client.
- Staying abreast of emerging technologies and methods for creating and supporting world-class solutions.
- Train customers and sub-contractors on the proper installation and use of hardware and software.
- Generate technical and operation documentation and reports.
- Interact with SalesForce, Slack, QUIP, Sharepoint, MS Office 365 Apps, Windows Operating Systems
- Ability to travel approximately 75% or more. (This position does not have a residency location requirement, but successful candidates must reside within reasonable proximity to a major airport.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math or related field or demonstrated experience in providing information technology supporting.
- Technical expertise on Layer 1/2/3 Networks.
- Knowledge of 12+VDC wiring, circuitry, and specialized electronics.
- Experience with the implementation and deployment of Cradlepoint routers or similar.
- Intermediate Windows operating system support, troubleshooting and special configuration.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively with customers and peers.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- An encouraging parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.