General Ledger Staff Accountant
Scottsdale, Arizona /
Accounting & Finance – Accounting /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As Staff Accountant, you will provide direct support to the Director of Accounting and contribute in all facets of general accounting. You will collaborate with members of the general ledger team to implement process improvements and support the day-to-day operations. Please read on if you want to join a high-performing Accounting Team where you'll use your excellent technical accounting and problem-solving skills, and have the opportunity to contribute to company success!
Your Day to Day
- Prepare, code and record journal entries in GL systems
- Review and analyze trial balance
- Prepare account analyses and reconciliations for general ledger accounts
- Identify and present solutions for process improvements
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, policy or procedure changes, improve operational efficiency, communication needs etc.
- Manage data integrity and preparation of financial information to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and accessibility
- Coordinate the preparation of audit responses and work of auditors
- Foster communication and teamwork within and across organizational boundaries
- Monitor and execute internal control procedures to ensure that company assets are adequately protected
- Bachelor or higher degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of applicable general ledger accounting experience in a public accounting, managerial accounting, or curriculum-based environment
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Superb attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, and the ability
- to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneur spirit
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting
- Concern for quality and deadlines
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.