QA Manual Engineer-$3500 sign-on bonus
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam /
Software Engineering – Communications /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Real Time Operations in public safety
While enterprise collaboration has experienced a sea change in the past 10 years (think Zoom, Slack, and a bevy of role and domain specific tools), public safety has largely been left behind. Though police officers, firefighters, and emergency medical services personnel put themselves in harm’s way on a daily basis, their ability to communicate and coordinate is hampered by disjointed systems, arcane user interfaces, and technology that was implemented before (and without) modern product design and technology. The news is full of examples of first responders lacking critical information, which leads to less than ideal outcomes.
Axon is in a unique position to address this problem. As the the largest provider of de-escalation training and the creator of the world’s first LTE-connected body camera, we are leading the charge to connect first responders, enable them to make more intelligent decisions, and ultimately save more lives. To that end, the Real Time Ops team is creating a new product category: Axon Respond. Axon Respond integrates sensors, highly important data, and text/voice/video communications into a single platform that enables lightning-fast collaboration. Like all teams at Axon, we value transparency and bias for action, and are looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us in pulling the future forward into today.
In this role, you will be one of the founding members of the QA team for all our Real Time Operations products. You will be responsible for setting a high bar for quality and performance for these mission-critical products. You will be a key part of the engineering organization, participating in architecture and design reviews, product planning, and prioritization to ensure that we’re delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. Come work in an exciting environment and use your skills to leave a positive impact on the world.
- Work with an end-to-end feature development team and champion the quality process through all stages of the product
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases
- Work with other engineers on your team to execute functional, and exploratory testing
- Focus on scale: Deliver solutions that can be quickly adapted to changing scenarios
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and impactful feedback
- Leverage software to produce detailed reports documenting test results and process to be provided to the other squads
- At least 2 years of experience in software testing
- Solid understanding of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Ability to collaborate and communicate directly with colleagues in US
- A passion for quality
- Experience with Jira or another Agile project management tool
- Experience with Mac/Linux/Unix
- Knowledge of API testing tools
- Knowledge of querying database, and reporting systems using SQL or similar to get data to support bug reporting
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.