Senior Technical Support Engineer (Remote - US)
Scottsdale, Arizona /
Sales – Customer Support /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Scottsdale, AZ or Remote
AXON is a developer and manufacturer of conducted electrical weapons, body worn cameras, in-car cameras, and digital evidence management solutions. By successfully applying technical solutions to age old problems in law enforcement, the AXON team has redefined public safety around the globe. We are a team of passionate and dedicated professionals who desire to disrupt our industry, to protect life, and truth with our products.
AXON is seeking a high-energy, experienced Sr. Support Engineer with expertise in Windows server administration, computer networking, and cloud solutions. This individual will play an instrumental role in supporting critical and escalated issues. We need a self-starter who excels in a high-paced, evangelistic startup environment, focusing on law enforcement, and thrives on resolving technical issues.
- Must have intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach
- Mandatory minimum of 3+ years of Network Administration experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of Technical Support experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of SAAS experience
- Minimum of 3+ Unix or Linux experience
- Strong knowledge of routing and switching methodologies, Wi-Fi, telecommunications, and Internet technologies
- Strong knowledge of virtualization and virtual machines
- Strong knowledge of computer/server hardware, operating systems, and storage devices
- Strong knowledge of redundant storage solutions such as RAID
- Experience using Secure Shell (SSH)
- Experience with SSO identity providers: ADFS, Azure, OKTA
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with multiple teams to achieve common objectives
- Ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
- Ability to articulate at a technical level appropriate to the circumstance – i.e. for clients with varying levels of IT knowledge and skillset
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, related field or equivalent experience or certifications.
- Network and telecommunication-specific professional certifications, such as but not limited to: CCNA, CompTIA Network+, etc.
- System Administration certifications, such as but not limited to: MCSA: Windows Server, CompTIA Server+, etc.
- Knowledge of CCTV and Axis IP cameras
- Knowledge of 12V wiring, circuitry, and specialized electronics
- Cradlepoint Certificates: Certified Network Associate, Certified Network Professional.
- Experience reviewing/deciphering device engineering logs
- Experience using Splunk, JIRA, and/or Salesforce
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.