Scottsdale, Arizona /
Accounting & Finance – FP&A /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Based out of our Corporate HQ in Scottsdale, you will work in a dynamic Finance role with the opportunity to support key strategic decision-making while advancing your functional skillset and business acumen. You will have core FP&A responsibilities, assist with ad hoc analyses, and present key insights and recommendations to the Leadership Team. You have excellent analytical and Microsoft Excel skills, strong business partnering credentials and validated experience handling large sets of data.
This is the perfect role if you’re looking for a high-octane Finance position with opportunity for growth and taking on significant responsibility under guidance and mentorship from your direct supervisor. You will join an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for you who share this passion.
Your Day to Day
- You will support all planning, forecasting and reporting processes across Axon - both long-term and short-term, including but not limited to monthly forecasts, annual budget & 3-year business outlook
- You will operate as a cross-functional business partner supporting financial planning and expense management for Department teams
- You will prepare monthly budget vs actual analysis, operating expense flux commentary and perform ad hoc reporting and analysis to track delivery of EBITDA goals
- You will drive and manage all aspects of the Purchase Order Request process, including weekly review, expedited requests, follow-up on questions, and tracking vs budget
- You will provide analytical support for our rapidly growing product lines
- You will successfully interact across the organization to prepare and analyze Key Performance Indicators, present analyses to senior management, and update financial forecasts and models
- You will apply business and financial acumen to support various levels of Operational and Financial decision makers with data, analysis, metrics, process creation/improvement and operating model alignment
- You will host regular cost reduction, headcount, and budget reviews to ensure alignment to the company plan and product strategy
- You will support the corporate forecasting process for spend and present results to the CFO and other company executives. Regularly participate in corporate FP&A meetings such as executive corporate forecast reviews and budget vs. actuals reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related study; Master’s Degree a plus
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Finance or Accounting, forecasting and business analytics in a dynamic environment, financial modeling, supporting both financial and operational decision makers. Technology sector background is a plus
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management
- Superb attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Concern for quality and deadlines
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.