Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Seattle, WA or Scottsdale, AZ /
People Operations – Human Resources /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon is looking for a Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion who will champion, promote, and lead our strategic efforts and be responsible for helping craft a truly diverse workforce and inclusive culture, where all employees can bring their authentic selves to work, feel like they belong and are valued, and work in an environment that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences. This individual will report to the VP of People Operations and partner closely with the Executive team, Business Heads, HR, and ERG leaders. She/he will ensure we develop a road-map that increases Axon’s representation, foster a culture of inclusion and awareness, and drive equity and fairness in all that we do. As a champion of inclusion, she/he will develop meaningful relationships with our employee population, and will help amplify their voices.
- Design and implement a holistic, global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) strategy by identifying key opportunities and gaps. Develop a multi year road-map with key metrics and commitments to build a culture of inclusion, drive awareness and action, improve representation and engage with our community partners to make an impact outside of our offices
- Design the metrics and processes that will help us measure progress and accountability
- Partner with senior leaders across the Company (operations, finance, risk, sales, marketing, etc.) to develop organization-specific plans for advancing DEI goals relative to the challenges and opportunities within each department
- Partner with our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), providing leadership, guidance and direction and that these groups have the appropriate resources and level of influence in the organization
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to equip every manager with the resources to build inclusive teams; design and facilitate in-person and virtual training
- Partner with the People Operations team to design appropriate performance standards that allow opportunities for success and advancement for all employees
- Partner with our employees and leaders to ensure every product, feature, and campaign is being designed with inclusion at the forefront
- Build meaningful initiatives and partnerships with customers, industry peers, and thought leaders in the world of DEI
- Partner with Marketing/Communications and Talent Acquisition to build an employer brand that resonates to candidates from all walks of life
- Work with Marketing/Communications to ensure inclusion is considered and integrated into all aspects of our internal and external communications
- Represent Axon at events and public speaking engagements both internally and externally
- 10+ years of experience in diversity and inclusion roles working for high growth organizations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a high profile, strategic HR role with heavy executive-level interface
- Proven, progressive experience and demonstrated effectiveness leading global diversity and inclusion related initiatives and programs
- Ability to build high-performing teams, foster trust and lead through influence, both with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to execute global programs and build operational processes at scale with demonstrable results
- Experience in leveraging data to curate and deliver meaningful results including ROI, employee engagement and external relationships
- Excellent business judgement, problem framing and solving, project management and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in facilitation and presentation
- Critical thinking and listening skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.