Senior Software Engineer (Remote - US East)
Charlotte, North Carolina /
Software Engineering – Digital Evidence Management & Devices /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon is in a unique position to tackle some of the biggest challenges facing public safety. As the the largest provider of de-escalation training and the creator of the world’s first LTE-connected body camera, we are leading the charge to connect first responders, enable them to make more intelligent decisions, and ultimately save more lives.
As a senior member of Axon’s engineering community, you will assist in architecture and code reviews for a variety of related products, in interviewing and hiring, and in guiding engineering strategy. You will have considerable freedom to operate to achieve customer, team, and company outcomes. You will have the opportunity to grow into technical or managerial leadership roles, and to impact and participate in the financial success of the company.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 6+ years professional software development experience
- Hands-on experience with languages such as Java, Scala, Go or other similar programming languages
- Experience designing and building Rest API’s
- Plugged into current trends and familiarity with open source technologies
- Passionate about developing best practices and writing high quality code; enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring more junior engineers
- Ability to work for any employer within the United States
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- A desire for growing and building teams as this role may be a founding member of a new regional development center; management experience a big plus!
- Track record of designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud based software
- Experience developing for highly secure environments
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary, 401K with employer match, and equity
- Flexible working hours and ability to work remotely as projects allow
- An award-winning office/working environment with fun team activities and outings
- Unlimited paid time off and a supportive parental leave policy
- Ride along with police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.