Data & Analytics Manager
Scottsdale, Arizona /
Accounting & Finance – FP&A /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon is seeking a nimble, creative problem solver with a demonstrated history of managing complex data in support of finance and accounting functions. The ideal candidate will possess hybrid skills capable of partnering directly with leaders across the finance and business intelligence organizations to enhance access, visibility and analysis to aid in data driven decision making. Your contributions will impact strategic decisions and enhance the efficiency of key processes across the Company.
You will join an environment that requires independence, agility, initiative, attention to detail, and creative problem solving. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for you to share this passion. Come work with us in a dynamic environment in which you’ll use your passion, technical experience, and strong problem-solving skills.
Your Day to Day
- Apply business and financial acumen to provide decision makers with data, analysis, and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop complex SQL databases that provide reporting and analysis solutions
- Identify data solutions to drive process improvements across the Finance and Accounting functions
- Build reports and dashboards utilizing data visualization and delivery tools such as PowerBI, SharePoint and Tableau
- Partner with the Business Intelligence team to identify and drive additional data requirements
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of financial analysis, financial modeling and accounting principles
- Minimum ten (10) years experience working within a Finance or Business Intelligence environment
- Minimum seven (7) years experience building and tuning SQL Databases
- Minimum five (5) years experience working with data visualization platforms (PowerBI, SharePoint, Tableau)
- Experience building and working with data warehouses
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working independently in a demanding, fast paced environment
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with SalesForce.com and Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience designing, implementing, supporting AWS or Azure based SQL/Tableau environments
- Experience in designing, implementing and working with ODS and Data Marts
- Experience writing T-SQL views, stored procedures, functions, triggers to relate multiple data sources
- Experience with Enterprise and/or Data Architecture
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.