Security Compliance and Privacy Engineer I
Seattle, Washington /
Information Security – Security Compliance /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Help us bring cloud computing to public safety by joining the Trust & Security team at Axon. Be on the cutting edge of cloud computing and IoT security and privacy in a very challenging and innovative environment. The team’s mission is to make Axon’s cloud services, client applications, and connected devices the most trusted platform in our markets. We do so by making and upholding commitments to security, privacy, and compliance.
We need a high-energy, motivated, and technically proficient professional to help meet our commitments to security and privacy. There are plenty of challenges to conquer that will enable a wide-range of security and privacy knowledge and experience.
- Provide technical expertise within security compliance and privacy activities across Axon’s product ecosystem
- Coordinate and participate in security assessments and remediation activities
- Develop, manage, and execute security, security compliance, and privacy tools to ensure program effectiveness and compliance with developed standards and requirements
- Partner with engineering and product teams to ensure security and privacy commitments are appropriately implemented
- Research, document, and help remediate design decisions, operating procedures, or processes that impact adhering to privacy and security commitments
- Participate in periodic compliance activities and manage any resulting remediation actions
- Interact with security and privacy program managers, product development, and legal teams
- Stay current on security industry trends, attack techniques, mitigation techniques, and security technologies by attending conferences, networking with peers, and other educational opportunities.
- Ability to work independently and comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software engineering fundamentals
- Strong background in cloud security controls and experience implementing security and privacy requirements in cloud environments
- Ability to balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations
- Experience with SAST and DAST tools
- Have worked on implementing privacy programs to conform with GDPR or other widely-adopted data protection standards
- Familiarity with generally accepted information security practices, such as ISO 27001, Cloud Security Alliance CCM, NIST 800-53, FedRAMP
- Understanding of de-identification, psuedo-anonymization and anonymization methodologies
- US Citizenship required
- Information security and privacy related certifications
- Experience automating tests and tooling into development processes and production environments
- Experience in an ISO 27001 compliant information security program
- Experience with international data security and privacy standards
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.