Scottsdale, Arizona /
Operations – Manufacturing /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
The Automation Engineer works as part of a team to design and integrate new automation projects into the manufacturing lines.
Your Day to Day
- Troubleshoot large custom automation equipment, assist mechanical team on root cause analysis
- Design and integrate new automation projects, support design engineering and mechanical integration
- Optimize value-add and minimize non value-add operations, reduce operating costs and improve product quality
- Serve as a resource for cause & effect analyses, investigations, statistical studies, and corrective action planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline or related field + a minimum 5 years of equivalent experience
- In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, a minimum of 10 years of applicable experience will also be considered
- Familiar with programming principles; system level understanding of PLC/HMI, sensors, vision systems, I/O, motors, and standard communication protocols
- Ability to create and read electrical schematics
- Ability to interpret PLC programming (ladder, structured text, FBD)
- Familiar with Rockwell control logic and IDEs
- Familiar with vision system setup and programming (Cognex and Keyence are a plus)
- Ability to successfully self-manage timelines and deliverables for multiple concurrent projects
- Demonstrated implementation of root cause analysis
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging design and manufacturing environment where flexibility, agility, and results are paramount
- Previous manufacturing experience required
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.