Scottsdale, Arizona /
Operations – Manufacturing /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Develop and improve manufacturing processes by evaluating new and existing processes, equipment and materials. Identify opportunities to prevent waste and inefficiency in production. Create and maintain required manufacturing documentation including process flow charts, capacity & utilization studies, time & motion studies, cycle time analysis and line balancing. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gain insight, drive change and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Support planning, design, set-up and optimization of manufacturing processes to achieve product quality, efficiency and process reliability
- Execute Lean manufacturing techniques and design using a combination of engineering, project management, structured problem solving and influencing skills
- Identify manufacturing cost reductions and provide ROI justifications for change
- Study operation sequence, material flow and process information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Optimize work flow and cell designs for productivity and safety advantages
- Lead value stream mapping exercises to determine and record business improvement areas.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Facilities, and Manufacturing teams to maintain overall facility layout
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience
- Minimum of 2 years as an Industrial Engineer or relevant experience required
- In-depth understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Proficiency with analytical tools, workflow time study, and process balancing
- Ability to interface with Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Leads, and Manufacturing Leadership; provide daily direction and guidance to junior associates
- Advanced experience using MS suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to stand for upwards of 8 hours a day; as well as lift, carry, move packages and materials up-to-50 lbs on a regular basis; with or without special accommodations, is required
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma is preferred
- Experience with AutoCad, SolidWorks and Visio
- Experience writing sequel queries
- Familiar with ISO 9001 requirements
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.