Employment and Immigration Counsel
Seattle, WA or Scottsdale, AZ /
Legal & Government Affairs – Legal /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We're seeking an Employment and Immigration Counsel to join our legal team! This position will report to the VP, Associate General Counsel and is responsible for building and managing a world-class immigration and global mobility program. This position will partner closely with HRBPs, Talent Acquisition, and People Leaders across the People team to assess existing programs, processes, and practices, identify gaps and inefficiencies, and drive innovative solutions to enhance the employee experience while ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
Your Day to Day
- Provide advice and strategic support to People Operations and business leaders across the company on a range of employment law issues including those relating to recruiting, hiring, performance management, mergers and acquisitions, whistleblowing, compensation and benefits, accommodations, diversity and inclusion programs and other employment-related matters
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and manage projects with a team-oriented approach
- Evaluate employment practices, policies, and processes to assess and execute priorities, and ensure compliance
- Draft and review employment-related agreements and templates
- Investigate and respond to claims, demand letters, administrative complaints, audits, and other employment-related inquiries
- Conduct audits, classification reviews, and support other compliance efforts
- Assist in managing outside counsel on immigration and employment matters
- Assist in developing and conducting training and education programs for employees, managers, and the People team
- Manage, draft, and file nonimmigrant/immigrant applications and act as internal resource for all immigration matters
- Facilitate international (non-U.S.) visa processes and foreign assignments
- Juris Doctorate
- Minimum 3 years of experience in employment/labor law
- Minimum 2 years of employment-based immigration experience
- Experience in conducting internal investigations
- Experience in negotiating contracts
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.