Senior Quality Engineer
Scottsdale, Arizona /
Operations – Quality Assurance /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Are you crazy about quality? Do you love working troubleshooting and continuously improving process and products? Axon is looking for a self-motivated Quality Engineer that is hungry to show their talents in the video and public safety industry.
As Axon’s Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for testing and analyzing video and CEW hardware to ensure quality and safety. You will set up test cases, develop scenarios, report issues, and diagnose technical problems. Test cases may be conducted in multiple environments to assure that the product can stand up to everyday use.
You will communicate your findings with Axon team members such as product managers, developers, and system engineers. You will lead and create design and process failure mode assessments (DFMEA, PFMEA), and craft process control plans. You will also review technical drawings and build an incoming inspection plan for new products. Additionally, you will review first article inspection reports and process capability data from suppliers before approving materials to ship to Axon.
Your Day to Day
- You have proven experience in process controls and will validate and assist in new and improved plans for the functionality of the products and services offered by Axon
- You will provide the tools, methodologies, techniques, and technical insight to introduce improvements of electronic processing
- You are highly motivated and communicates effectively in a dynamic, multidisciplinary team environment to meet internal and external customer demands
- Utilize statistical techniques and professional independent judgment to analyze data for process improvement
- Develop and lead execution of process validations and tests; analyze resulting data and document results (protocols/reports)
- Create First Article Inspection Plans
- Provide engineering support to Receiving Inspection including statistical analysis, measurement systems analysis, Gage R&R studies and inspection procedures
- Perform Quality System audits
- Perform corrective and preventive actions
- Lead teams in identification of risks/hazards relative to new product designs, processes, suppliers and applications
- Effectively manage internal and external relationships
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Compliance with all company policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Industrial Engineering required; Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years as a quality engineer, supplier quality engineer, or similar experience with proven success delivering significant measurable improvements
- Internal/External Auditing experience in ISO 9001:2015
- Strong statistical training, application and demonstrated experience using statistical tools like Minitab, JMP or similar.Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) or equivalent process evaluation and improvement knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and experience using IPC standards
- Internal/External Auditing experience
- Demonstrated success analyzing processes and establishing process controls
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint
- Master's Degree preferred
- Experience with the implementation and use of automated equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in industries such as communications, medical, automotive, aerospace, video, electronics and signal processing
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Knowledge base of Axon products and services
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong statistical training, application and knowledge
- Excellent reporting, teamwork, and time management skills
- Ability to learn quickly, analyze problems, work independently and organize and execute multiple work tasks
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, product specifications, procedures and standards
- Excellent written, oral communication and technical report writing skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.