Product Support Engineer - Fleet - Connected Devices
Seattle, Washington /
Sales – Customer Support /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
REMOTE OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE
The Axon Fleet product line brings advanced camera monitoring technology to the police car, recording quality information just like the Axon body worn cameras. Additionally, smart wiring in the car can activate recording for the car and nearby body cameras. The in car client software can review and triage collected evidence before upload to Axon's Evidence.com service.
Supporting this ecosystem is a huge task, and we are looking for an experienced Tier 3 Product Support Engineer to join the team. Tier 3 sits above Tier 2 support and fit within their escalation path as an additional filter before issues are escalated to Engineering. In this role, you will be responsible for managing critical issues and working with PM & Engineering to prioritize resolutions as well as communicate directly with customers and other stakeholders.
- Investigate, reproduce, troubleshoot, & clarify issues escalated by Tier 2
- Document findings for Tier 2 training and potential escalation to engineering
- Lead Major investigations
- Escalation, Problem Solving and Analysis
- Project Management/Coordinate with PM and Engineering for triage, development, & release
- Customer and Internal communications
- Gather data to show device trends, scope and scale of issues.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts through proactive service monitoring
- 3+ years work experience as Technical Product Support Engineer. Preference towards enterprise SaaS or embedded devices.
- Solid understanding of software methodologies, tools and processes
- A passion for quality, reliability and the ability to drive issues based on customer needs
- Solid communication skills
- Well versed with technical debugging like analyzing source code, using debuggers, building and using telemetry to assist with triage.
- Well versed in network troubleshooting and systems including routers, firewalls, wireless networks, switches and other network tools
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Operating System
- Experience using JIRA
- Experience using Splunk or other log aggregators
- Experience with Linux
- Experience collaborating and working closely with remote and offshore team members.
- Travel to customer locations to troubleshoot problems , approximately 15% of the time
Compensations and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies and work with top engineers in the world
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.